With the exactitude and serious regard for safety you expect in a surgical practice, we want you to know you are ever more in safe hands at Blaine Plastic Surgery.
What we’ve always done
- Followed disinfection and cleaning protocols in accordance with CDC guidelines for medical/surgical practices.
- Carried appropriate stock of hospital grade sanitation products and PPE
- Adhered to and maintained staff training in medical infection control protocols and use of proper PPE
- Maintained facility accreditations by federal, state, and local boards with regular inspections and reviews
- Provided private, individualized care in a boutique setting with low foot traffic and little community interaction in office
New additional measures
- Enhanced PPE for all staff members including those outside the clinical departments
- Routine Covid-19 testing for staff
- Plexiglass enclosed front desk
- Elimination of the waiting room
- Mandatory social distancing between staff members
- Liberally spaced appointments ensuring social distancing between patients and additional exam room sanitation
- Temperature scans upon office entry on patients and staff
- Individually packaged facial cleansing kits for injectable and facial procedures
- Paperless consent forms
- Contactless credit card processing
Now here’s what we’re asking of you to help us preserve a safe, reduced-contact experience for everyone!
- All paperwork is now electronic! Intake forms and consent forms will be sent to you via Docusign and should be completed before your appointment.
- Please text us when you arrive at our building 631-479-3811. We are allowing for generous time between patient appointments and anticipate running on time, but rather than having anyone sit in our lobby, we ask that all patients wait in their cars until we are ready for you. We will text you back when it’s time for you to come up to the office when your room is ready.
- Since our office will only be open by appointment only, the doors to our offices will remain locked throughout the day and between patient appointments. Our staff members will greet you at the front doors and escort you directly into your sterilized, private exam room.
- Wear a mask. At this time, we are not able to provide patients with masks. Patients will not be permitted into the office without a mask or appropriate face covering – the only exception is minors who are under the age of 2.
- Expect to have your temperature scanned when you arrive at the office and to be asked a few questions about your recent health history and social interactions. All staff members are also submitting to temperature scans daily and upon arrival.
- Please come to your appointment alone. To ensure the safety of all of our patients and staff we are no longer permitting patients to bring guests with them to their in-office appointments but we are happy to help coordinate video calls during your appointment with anyone you wished to have with you! Those necessitating a caretaker or accompanying a patient under 18, please just inform our front desk upon appointment confirmation.
- We ask that you leave a credit card on file with us in your secure patient chart. This will help us facilitate a contactless and quick check out experience. Your credit card will not be charged without your permission; you will receive an email or text receipt immediately after processing.
- Please adhere to and be mindful of our cancellation policy. We are taking exceptional measures to ensure your safety and privacy, including a dramatic restriction in available appointment slots. Your appointment time, your exam room, and our staff will be dedicated only to you. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment please do so at least 48 hours (or 2 business days) prior to your appointment so that these resources can be allowed for another patient.
- We will still be utilizing our text and email communication features, but we do need to connect with you live over the phone to confirm your appointment and ask you a few pre-screening questions. Consider adding our main office phone number (631-470-2000) to your contacts so you know it’s us when we call!
Whereas things may look a little different, and feel a bit less “social,” we promise to deliver the same personalized and skilled treatment you’ve come to expect from our practice. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
We will continue to provide virtual consultations and follow ups!
(Click here to schedule your in-person or virtual appointment)